- Formally assess your aptitudes, interests, temperaments, physical capacities, preferred working conditions and career preparation time using the CareerLink Inventory instrument.
- Access the CAREERLINK Inventory, add your name, and then click on the “Aptitudes” frog icon to begin the inventory. The CAREERLINK Inventory is designed to match the way you see yourself—your interests, aptitudes, temperaments, physical capacities, preferred working conditions, and desired length of preparation for employment–with available career information from the United States Department of Labor. The information you provide about yourself will produce a career profile showing to what extent your self-identified characteristics and preferences match those considered significant in 80 career clusters.
- Your responses to the items contained in this inventory should reflect your honest self-judgments in order to provide you with meaningful career information. If you are unsure about a particular response, please answer as accurately as possible.
- When you complete the inventory, review your personalized Career Inventory Results.
- Write a 750-word reflection discussing the results of the inventory. Use the considerations below to guide you.
To help you develop your reflections, you may want to consider the following:
- What were your highest career-area clusters?
- Review the work performed, worker requirements, sample occupations, related clusters, and response summary (this will make sense to you once you complete the inventory). Do the results of the inventory surprise you?
- Do you believe the Careerlink Inventory produced accurate or inaccurate suggestions for you?
- Did you learn anything new about your career interests?
- What insights from the inventory results might you apply to your life?
- Follow your instructor’s directions for submitting this assignment.
CC licensed content, Original
- College Success. Authored by: Linda Bruce. Provided by: Lumen Learning. License: CC BY: Attribution