Skip to main content
2: Goals of Developmental Science
- Last updated
Save as PDF
- 2.1: What are the goals of developmental science?
- 2.2: Description of Human Development: What does it mean to describe human development?
- 2.3: What does it mean to describe qualitative changes in development?
- 2.4: How can the description of stability be part of the goals of developmental science?
- 2.5: Explanation of Human Development: How is the explanation of development different from its description?
- 2.6: Why do developmentalists need to explain stability?
- 2.7: What is meant by explanations of differential patterns of stability and change?
- 2.8: Optimization of Human Development: How does optimization of human development differ from explanation?
- 2.9: Conclusion: How do these three goals of developmental science fit together?