Skip to main content
5: Meet the Living Primates
- Last updated
Save as PDF
- Describe how studying nonhuman primates is important in anthropology.
- Compare two ways of categorizing taxa: grades and clades.
- Define different types of traits used to evaluate primate taxa.
- Identify key ways that primates differ from other mammals.
- Distinguish between the major primate taxa using their key characteristics.
- Describe your place in nature by learning your taxonomic classification.
- 5.1: Studying Primates in Biological Anthropology
- 5.2: What Makes Something a Primate?
- 5.3: Key Traits Used to Distinguish Between Primate Taxa
- 5.4: Primate Diversity
- 5.5: Review Questions
- 5.6: Key Terms
- 5.7: End of Chapter Content