Skip to main content
8: Primate Evolution
- Last updated
Save as PDF
- Understand the major trends in primate evolution from the origin of primates to the origin of our own species.
- Learn about primate adaptations and how they characterize major primate groups.
- Discuss the kinds of evidence that anthropologists use to find out how extinct primates are related to each other and to living primates.
- Recognize how the changing geography and climate of Earth have influenced where and when primates have thrived or gone extinct.
- 8.1: Major Hypotheses About Primate Origins
- 8.2: The Origin of Primates
- 8.3: The Emergence of Modern Primate Groups
- 8.4: Planet of Apes
- 8.5: Review Questions
- 8.6: Key Terms
- 8.7: End of Chapter Content