*Note: if the link to the publisher’s website does not provide free access to the article, you can still find freely available pdfs online.
Additional resources on scientific teaching:
- Cavanagh et al. (2016) Student Buy-In to Active Learning in a College Science Course. CBE-Life Sciences Education; 15:ar76.
- Couch et al. (2015) Scientific Teaching: Defining a Taxonomy of Observable Practices. CBE-Life Sciences Education; 14:ar9.
- Gross et al. (2015) Increased Preclass Preparation Underlies Student Outcome Improvement in the Flipped Classroom. CBE-Life Sciences Education; 14:ar36.
- Auchincloss et al. (2014) Assessment of Course-Based Undergraduate Research Experiences: A Meeting Report. CBE-Life Sciences Education; 13(1), 29-40.
- Tanner (2013) Structure Matters: Twenty-One Teaching Strategies to Promote Student Engagement and Cultivate Classroom Equity. CBE-Life Sciences Education; 12(3), 322 – 331.
- Chen et al. (2013) Training TAs in Scientific Teaching for the Human Physiology and Anatomy Laboratory. Advances in Physiology Education; 37(4), 436-439.
- Pfund et al. (2009) Professional Development. Summer Institute to Improve University Science Teaching. Science; 324(5926), 470-471.
- Batzli, Ebert-May, Janet Hodder (2006) Bridging the pathway from instruction to research. Frontiers of Ecology and the Environment; 4(2), 105-107.
- Handelsman et al. (2004) Education. Scientific Teaching. Science; 304(5670), 521-522.
- Frederick (2016) Teach the Prof How to Teach. Scientific American.
Additional resources on equity, inclusion, and persistence:
- Asai, D., (2020) Race Matters. Cell 181:754-757.
- Pope, Price, Wolfers (2018) Awareness Reduces Racial Bias. Management Science; 64(11) 4988-4995.
- Aragón, Dovidio, Graham (2017) Colorblind and Multicultural Ideologies Are Associated With Faculty Adoption of Inclusive Teaching Practices. Journal of Diversity in Higher Education; 10(3), 201-215.
- Hanauer, Graham, Hatfull (2016) A Measure of College Student Persistence in Sciences (PITS). CBE-Life Sciences Education; 15:ar54.
- Moss-Racusin et al. (2014) Social Science. Scientific Diversity Interventions. Science; 343(6171), 615-616.
- Graham et al. (2013) Science Education. Increasing Persistence of College Students in STEM. Science; 341(6153), 1455-1456.
- Moss-Racusin et al. (2012) Science Faculty’s Subtle Gender Biases Favor Male Students. Proceedings of the National Academy of Science; 109(41), 16474-16479.