Skip to main content
7: Stones and Bones - Studying the Fossil Record
- Last updated
Save as PDF
- Identify the different types of fossils and describe how they are formed.
- Discuss relative and chronometric dating methods, the type of material they analyze, and their applications.
- Describe the methods used to reconstruct past environments.
- Interpret a site using the methods described in this chapter.
- 7.1: Fossil Study - A Evolving Process
- 7.2: Earth - It is Older than Dirt
- 7.3: Fossils- The Taphonomic Process
- 7.4: Fossilization
- 7.5: Voice From the Past - What Fossils Can Tell Us
- 7.6: Review Questions
- 7.7: Key Terms
- 7.8: End of Chapter Content