Skip to main content
3: Using Observation Methods, Tools and Techniques to Gather Evidence
- Last updated
Save as PDF
- 3.1: Taking the First Step - Gathering Baseline Data
- In order to truly measure the learning, growth, and development of a child over time, there needs to be a point of reference, or a starting point. Baseline data provides a starting point.
- 3.2: Understanding the Child
- Many of the same tools and techniques you use to gather baseline data, you will continue to use to support the whole child. This includes screening, planning curriculum, and assessing development.
- 3.3: Let’s Get Started
- Whether you are doing a planned observation, or you decide to do a spontaneous observation, you will need some essentials.
- 3.4: A Closer Look at Observation Methods, Tools and Techniques
- 3.5: Conclusion and References