Skip to main content
3: Molecular Biology and Genetics
- Last updated
Save as PDF
- Explain and identify the purpose of both DNA replication and the cell cycle.
- Identify key differences between mitosis and meiosis.
- Outline the process of protein synthesis, including transcription and translation.
- Use principles of Mendelian inheritance to predict genotypes and phenotypes of future generations.
- Explain complexities surrounding patterns of genetic inheritance and polygenic traits.
- Discuss challenges to and bioethical concerns of genetic testing.
- 3.1: Cells and Molecules
- 3.2: Introduction to Genetics
- 3.3: DNA Replication and Cell Division
- 3.4: Protein Synthesis
- 3.5: Mendelian Genetics
- 3.6: Other Patterns of Inheritance
- 3.7: Genomics and Epigenetics
- 3.8: Genetic Testing
- 3.9: Review Questions
- 3.10: Key Terms
- 3.11: End of Chapter Content