Skip to main content
6: Primate Ecology and Behavior
- Last updated
Save as PDF
- Describe the variables that affect primate diets.
- Explain how primates interact with other organisms in their environment.
- Discuss why primates live in groups, types of primate groups, and components of their social systems.
- Describe the reproductive strategies of males and females.
- Explain the ways in which primates communicate.
- Discuss the evidence for primate cultural traditions.
- 6.1: Ethology and Primatology
- 6.2: Ecology
- 6.3: Primate Societies
- 6.4: Reproductive Strategies
- 6.5: Communication
- 6.6: The Question of Future
- 6.7: Conclusions
- 6.8: Review Questions
- 6.9: Key Terms
- 6.10: End of Chapter Content